quinta-feira, 15 de setembro de 2011

A bit of a busy bee...

Hello my dears!

Did you think I was away... again? 

No... just being a bit of a busy bee :)

Ok... let's see if I can bring you up to date (sort of, at least!)

Yesterday I went to the Junta Medica (sort of a medical board) who though I am fit to go back to work, after a few months on sick leave. That's great news, right? 

It means I'm off from all treatments and back to my controls--every 3 months--to make sure the Beast is gone for good and stays that way :) 

The bad news is I'll have less time for my girly things that have kept me busy and sane all these months... but now that I have found again my long lost love for crochet and knitting and all crafts alike I'm not letting them go!

In the mean time, here are some of the things I've been up to...


The leftover yarn... 

Well, I wasn't talking about big bundles of them, just teeny weeny bits of yarn you think you can do nothing of... 

How about some potholders (the right one was based on Alice's African Flower Potholder at Crochet with Raymond

Or some embelishments for a sweater / scarf (check out the scarf below) ?  

A pin cushion like these I think are so cute at Pontinhos Meus--I didn't get around to this yet but I will!

Anyway, after these I finished a few WIP's...


Remember Ana's handdyed yarn? Here's the finished result.

I searched and searched and finally found this pattern called Saroyan and as I read about it on Liz Abinante's blog it seemed to be the perfect pattern for this! It shows off beautifully the changes in color and it was just right for the amout of yarn I had (120gr, one skein)


The crochet flower I mentioned above seems to be the perfect finishing touch for it, with a little green button for the center (it took me forever to make this up... the patterns I found just didn't quite cut it!) I think I know just where this scarf is going to end up ;) (more on that later...)

Oh... and you liked the little cardigan underneath it?


That was a project finished a little while ago... Probably my most favorite cardigan :) I'll tell you more about it some other day...


Last but not least--the new yarn love is keeping my hands busy! But now I'm torn between the granny square scarf and a Japanese flower scarf... 

I'm sure you are all busy bees these days too... what have you been up to?

XXX

19 comentários:

  1. Wow Teresa you have been really busy. Great things you made. I love the colours of your Saroyan scarf. It looks like mine! I put some pictures on my blog this afternoon.

    Groetjes, Monique

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love the scarf so much...and the cardigan wowwwwww...

    Love
    Marjo

    ResponderEliminar
  3. You are making my head spin with all your projects. Great news about your health. You will be so happy getting back to normal. Although this does not mean you can give up visiting all of us. I love the scarf, so beautiful but that sweater.......WOW. Tell us more, fast.
    Meredith

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I have not been up to anything but work. Not feeling creative at all lately. But you have been making some wonderful projects. Hope your day is great! :) Tammy

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Thank you, all of you! I had a feeling you'd like that cardigan/sweater, I promise to show it off (and try to explain how to make it) soon :)
    xxx

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Thank you for your comment Teresa.
    You are right, I used Katia's Degrade Sun. I really love that yarn and the colours are great.

    Groetjes, Monique

    ResponderEliminar
  7. everything is just wonderful...the news especially...look after yourself and make sure you take enough "teresa time"...the scarf is very pretty...I keep meaning to try that pattern but am not sure if I can!!!
    :)
    M

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Such very pretty projects. All of them just wonderful. The scarf is gorgeous.... I hope your going back to work won't stop your projects.

    ResponderEliminar
  9. Nice nice work!
    And approval to go back to work. Do you WANT to? What do you do? Do you have a job to go back to? Ahhh, it would be so hard to go back to work.

    I am getting burned out. I need a change of scenery. Its not fun being the one everyone counts on.

    You do such wonderful crochet. I hope you will continue to find time to enjoy it.
    xxx, Carol

    ResponderEliminar
  10. WOW! You have been super busy! I love it all. I really like the pot holders. I also love the cardigan and the scarf. GREAT! I wish I could have that patience. I would love to create things to wear. I just found a pattern that I will try. I also love your AUTMN COLORS! Praying for you health, my friend :)

    ResponderEliminar
  11. Hi Teresa! All of your busy-ness is beautiful! I'm guilty of not posting in quite some time! I've been working on many things and have photos of most of it but just haven't taken the time to sit down and format it all into a post! Wonderful news about your continuing healing! We all crave that normalcy, don't we? I have been unemployed for a very long time and am hoping for good news from an interview I have next week. If that good news comes to pass, I'm afraid my crochet and blogging time will be seriously limited. It would be nice to have the extra income, but I have SO loved the time to discover new passions in crochet and blogland! Your cardigan looks like it took a verrrry long time to create...and it's beyond gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about it. Hugs, Annette

    ResponderEliminar
  12. P.S. I absolutely LOVE the colors in that scarf, as well as that edging!

    ResponderEliminar
  13. I've replied to some of you by email--I'm glad you like my work! I'm having such a great time making japanese flowers today, I'm really excited about this new work :)
    To those of you who are no-comment bloggers, I'd love to reply directly! And thank you for your comments, they really make my day!
    xxx

    ResponderEliminar
  14. Wow amazing work. the cardigan is beautiful !! you are very talented.

    ResponderEliminar
  15. Glad to hear you were cleared with a good bill of health! Your pot holders look lovely, reminding me that I still have not made any of those yet. The scarf is beautiful. You really have been a busy bee!!!
    xo Susan

    ResponderEliminar
  16. I love the potholders... and the blue crochet scarf looks like something I would love to wear. The other scarf and cardigan are simply beautiful...

    ResponderEliminar
  17. Teresa, wishing you good health in 2012!!!! I love love love your japanese scarf...... do you have a pattern for it? or did you reference a pattern i can purchase? Thank you so much....
    Tannas

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Hi Tannas! First of all, thank you for your good wishes!
      Now the flower pattern--I used one from Elizabeth Cat whose blog seems to have closed :( but there's a slightly different version by Lucy @ Attic24 if you'd like to try it and a few variations at The Flower Bed too. All these patterns are free :) Since Elizabeth Cat's is no longer available I'll try to make a step by step tutorial of her version--sometime this weekend, ok?
      About the yarn, mine is variegated yarn so there were no ends to tuck in and it is a very easy pattern!
      xxx

      Eliminar
  18. Este comentário foi removido pelo autor.

    ResponderEliminar

It's always great to read your comments! :) Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Pin It